Report from the Juice CSR Platform delegation trip to Brazil
In August 2018 a delegation of almost all members of the Working Group 1 of the Juice CSR Platform had a trip to Brazil to meet various stakeholders, from fruit growers and processors to specialised institutes, certifying bodies and governement experts. Objectives of this trip were multiple:
- To establish a partnership approach between stakeholders who are committed to working together to drive the sustainability agenda
- To start a dialogue aiming for a better and broader shared understanding of the sector and of the Brazilian and International perspectives on sustainability.
- To obtain an up-to-date, shared and wider / balanced overview of how work is done, i.e. working conditions, during production and processing, through visits to various production, processing and research sites
- To get a broader and better understanding of existing CSR initiatives in the Brazilian citrus sector and discuss how to promote and communicate these through the Platform / WG
- To walk away with an aligned vision for a partnership approach and how we take this forward
Based on findings from this field trip, some focus areas for action are proposed by the Working Group 1.
Read the full report here: